One of my core values is mutuality. I seek strategic partnerships that allow everyone to get what they want. When I can’t provide what you need, I have a large network of excellent professionals I can connect you to. Below are just a few of those teammates.
Bookkeeping and Payroll Software
- I have found FreshBooks to be an excellent solution for freelancers, independent contractors, and micro businesses that primarily provide services. Use this link when you sign up and I’ll get a $25.00 gift card.
- If you’re a small business with a little more complexity than a business with 12 or fewer employees, you might find QuickBooks Online a good option. It seems to be especially good for growing businesses and ones with inventory to manage. Use this link when you sign up and you and I will both get $50.00 gift cards.
- My favorite online payroll service to date has been Gusto, which was known as Zen Payroll when I first used it many years ago. Gusto is very affordable for even the tiniest businesses or domestic employers. You can also get help tracking employees’ paid sick leave. Just be careful when using a payroll service to pay freelancers, independent contractors, subcontractors, and other vendors. Use this link when you sign up, and I’ll get a credit of some sort. You’ll get $100.00 after you run payroll.
Business Consulting Services
- I have been working with Dan Miller of 48 Days Coaching, where I was certified as a coach and DISC consultant
- Balance Integration Corp. can improve employee engagement and wellness through its events, leadership training, and executive coaching
- My dear friend and trusted colleague, Nina Kaufman, Esq., helps with growth planning, operations manuals, and exit strategies through her consulting firm, Business Exponential
- GNS Industries, Inc. has helped many small businesses build or supplement their workforces quickly
- Joseph Calvo, of Schreiber & Calvo, CPAs, P.C., has helped a number of my clients with tax planning and preparation
- Fellow FastTrac Growth Venture Graduate Vivian Vassar is an eCommerce veteran and now consults with struggling stores to improve their results
Business Immigration Law Services
- Scott Legal, P.C. is especially skilled in investor and other business visas
- Dobson Law PLLC is who I trust with “No Match” Letters from the Social Security Administration and other immigration issues
Employment Law Services
- Alison Greenberg, Esq. has been described by management-side employment lawyers as the litigator you don’t want to go against
- I frequently collaborate with White Harris, PLLC when employers face lawsuits for not paying overtime and penalties for not having disability or workers’ compensation insurance
- When it’s an employee needing help collecting overtime earnings or a small business collecting payment on a contract, I contact Katz Melinger, PLLC
Legal Clinics & Referral Services
- New York City Bar Association (“City Bar”) offers free counseling for low-income persons regarding Bankruptcy, Consumer Debt, Divorce, Employment, Family, Landlord/Tenant, and Small Business matters
- City Bar Legal Hotline is available at 212.626.7383 (Monday through Thursday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Friday from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM)
- City Bar Special Projects are offered on Cancer Advocacy, Elder Law, Foreclosures, Homelessness, Immigration, LGBT Advocacy, Neighborhood Entrepreneurship, Refugee Assistance, and Veterans’ Assistance
- New York County Lawyers Association (“NYCLA”) provides free counseling for low-income persons regarding Consumer Debt, Employment, Family, Landlord/Tenant, Post-Conviction Employment Licensing, Unemployment, and Tax matters
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts offers free and low-cost legal services for artists and arts professionals