The July/August issue of the New York Enterprise Report contains great tips for developing or fine-tuning your business budget.
- Have your accountant or bookkeeper export your six-month Profit & Loss Statement from QuickBooks to an Excel spreadsheet.
- Circle the five categories in which you anticipate significant change during the second half of 2007.
- Note whether you expect the change to be an increase or decrease.
- Estimate the increase or decrease in terms of percentages, based on 5% intervals.
- Calculate your estimated revenue and expenses for the rest of the year.
For the full article, go to the New York Enterprise Report website.
(Now, the real work begins. You will stick to the budget so you can coast through the holidays and truly enjoy them in a relaxed manner this year! ;-))