It depends. Certain types of contracts can only be enforced if they are in writing and contain specific terms.
- real estate sales;
- agreements to pay someone else’s debts;
- contracts that take longer than one year to complete;
- real estate leases for longer than one year;
- contracts for over a certain amount of money (depending on the state);
- contracts that will last longer than the life of the party performing the contract; and
- a transfer of property at the death of the party performing the
DISCLAIMER: This post is intended only as general information. It is not legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. If you need specific legal advice, please contact an attorney to discuss your circumstances.