Resolve a current conflict and build your skills
Your brain especially playing tricks on you and looks for threats when you’re in conflict with someone you once liked and trusted. Suddenly, you begin to question yourself, other decisions you’ve made, other relationships, and the way you thought the world worked. Your brain’s amygdala works overtime, fearing it missed other threats. That other someone? He or she is probably having a similar experience. In mediation, we can address this in ways the courts cannot.
When I’m mediating, I use the Third Ear Conflict Resolution process and transformative mediation techniques to help you and the other parties in dispute work through all of this in ways courts typically do not. I help each of you:
- Clearly define the conflict(s)
- Identify the competing interests and unmet expectations driving the dispute
- Play with the possibilities of resolution and freedom
- Create the future from all available options
- Stay on PARR, Planning, Acting, Revising, and Repeating, until you get the results you want
Representative matters mediated
- Non-injury, property damage claim settled for $1.00 and an apology without admission of any wrongdoing
- Dispute between musician and videographer settled before mediation
- Conflict between department leaders settled before mediation
- Plaintiffs withdrew from mediation when defendants attempted to use the process for discovery and intimidation
Frequently-asked questions about mediation
How do I know if my conflict is right for mediation?
There isn’t a quick answer to this question that satisfies us, so I answered it in a blog post.
How can I dissolve my business amicably?
Just as there are collaborative matrimonial or conscious uncoupling processes to dissolve marriages, the Third Ear Conflict Resolution process can help you identify what is most important to each of the owners in closing, selling, or transforming your business. For more information, read this blog post and watch this video.
- Half-Day Mediation – $500.00
- Full-Day Mediation – $1,000.00
Nance is passionate about her vocation and about mitigating broken relationships. ~ B.H., Executive, DC
We consistently had to liase a high volume of information and prepare for mediations and other proceedings and Nance was always more prepared than everyone else. At the same time, she also has an exceptional people skills that stand out. I highly recommend Nance with respect to all endeavors. ~ E.F., Attorney, NY
I love your approach, I should have met you a long time ago. ~ H.S., Business Owner, NY