FAQ: I have WC insurance, and one of my employees got hurt. Do I need to report it?

Probably. With the exception of injuries such as paper cuts and minor bumps and bruises, all injuries should be reported to the Board and your insurance carrier by completing FormC-2. You must complete the C-2 Form and keep it on file for the statutory 18-year period, even if the injury is not reportable to the Board. See http://www.wcb.state.ny.us/content/main/Employers/claimsprocess1.jsp.

DISCLAIMER: This article is intended only as general information. It is not legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Additionally, some laws and procedures might have changed. If you need specific legal advice, please contact an attorney to discuss your circumstances.

Nance L. Schick, Esq. is a mediator, and conflict resolution coach based in New York City, where she works with creative professionals, entrepreneurs, human resources professionals, labor managers, risk managers, and executives to generate results beyond the boundaries of their imaginations. She is committed to creating a unified human race by empowering people to have lives they forgot were possible.