Master the interests that matter most to you
You’ve overcome obstacle after obstacle, and you are exhausted. You want to experience the world and leave a legacy, inspiring others to thrive despite their circumstances. But you’re running full speed–on a treadmill. You’re trying to give hands up, like you got, and you’re not always choosing the right people. In exchange for your kindness, they’ve stolen from you, damaged your reputation, and tried to sabotage your modest success. I’ve been there.
As a survivor of abuse, assault, injury, and more, I coach other survivors and free spirits to keep seeing and accepting the opportunities for growth. So what if we weren’t given a lot of opportunity to follow conventional paths? Maybe we’ve always known those weren’t right for us anyway. Regardless, we have a mission, and we need a community to keep us from quitting when we get frustrated or overwhelmed again. I know you don’t really want to quit. I won’t let you shrink, hide, or play small.
Frequently-asked questions about coaching
Why might I need a conflict resolution coach?
I recently read (in a well-researched book) that high levels of fear cause us to take no action to improve our situations. There is also a relatively well-known phenomenon called the Upper Limit Problem that often causes us to sabotage our advancements in life. It’s what causes lottery winners to lose or give away their winnings and the rest of us to constantly look for the other shoe to drop on us when things are going well. But I’ve learned to manage my mind around these default behaviors, and I want you to, too. I want you winning, as you define it. I’ll be like your personal trainer in brain fitness.
What’s the difference between coaching and counseling?
Counseling is typically led by a licensed psychotherapist, mental health counselor, or social worker and focuses on how you are feeling–often about the past. Coaching encourages you to feel and free your emotions, but our work together will focus on actions and accountability to create the future you want.
I am not licensed or qualified to provide psychotherapy, although I have taken advantage of counseling for crime victims. If you have been diagnosed with a condition that could be managed through counseling, or if you believe you have such a condition, I recommend that you consult a mental health counselor, regardless of whether you seek coaching.
Do you have a coach?
Yes. I am currently working with Dan Miller, author of 48 Days to the Work You Love and host of the 48 Days Podcast. I have also worked with John Allison, a very nice (but expensive) lady who often dosed off during our sessions, Landmark Worldwide, and Nancy Mindes–not to mention the various athletic coaches who have helped me reach personal bests over the years. I find that a coach makes it easier for me to exceed even my own expectations, which are often quite high.
Representative conflict resolution coaching matters
- Start-up co-founder requested help protecting personal rights without damaging the business or investor opportunities when explosive growth came before corporate by-laws
- Consultant asked for guidance in maintaining relationship with distant contact who was using similarly-named product
- Franchisee sought assistance saying No to renewal without triggering litigation or other aggression
- Online retailer wanted to create processes for requesting payment from “brain pickers”
- Business owner requested help managing home and work with business partner-spouse
Would you prefer to work through the process on your own for now?
Resolving Current Conflicts – $1,800.00
- Includes four 90-minute coaching calls (once per week), 30-minute weekly accountability, and 15-minute daily check-ins
Action Plan Implementation – $850.00 per month
- Includes four one-hour calls (once per week) and 15-minute weekly accountability twice per week
Staying On PARR – $600.00 per month
- Includes weekly one-hour calls and 15-minute accountability check-ins
Quarterly Review – $200.00 for a two-hour session
Group Coaching – $300.00 per hour
As Needed – $100.00 per hour