Celebrate Others’ Successes; They Pave the Way for You
I just received the below press release regarding my friend and fellow Enterprising Women magazine Advisory Board member, Sonia Clayton. It’s always so exciting and inspiring to share the successes of my colleagues. In an age when people complain about reading on Facebook positive news about their friends, I am thrilled to get it. Seeing others succeed reminds me that there is a big world out there for me, too. Sonia certainly didn’t have an easy route to success, yet her burning desire to contribute to others led her to it. May you find as much inspiration in her story as I do. #BeGreat
HOUSTON, TX, 03/06/15 – Sucesos Newspaper and Solo Mujeres Magazine named Sonia Clayton The Woman of The Year. This beautiful event was sponsored by CITGO Petroleum, Chevrolet, Blue Cross / Blue Shield of Texas, Bronce, Community Health Choice, Arbor Experts and GOYA. The event took place at Norris Conference Center (City Centre), Red Oak Ballroom, 816 Town & Country Blvd, in Houston, Texas.
Sheriff Adrian Garcia of Harris County, Texas, presented Sonia the typical “Texan Sheriff Hat” as a token of admiration and support while a large Hispanic crowd cheered in congratulatory solidarity.
SONIA CLAYTON – President & CEO – VIRTUAL INTELLIGENCE PROVIDERS, LLC
Sonia was born in Colombia during the violence of the Narco-Guerilla period. Eventually she moved to Venezuela with her family, seeking refuge from the Colombian violence, where she grew up in poverty. She studied Business Administration and arrived in the USA in November of 1984, unable to speak English and with $50 in her pocket.
Sonia Clayton is the founder, president and CEO of Virtual Intelligence Providers, LLC (www.vip-global.com). She is also as an American Entrepreneur and philanthropist who has received over 20 awards and recognitions, including white house and state acknowledgements. Sonia is “The Oracle of The Hispanic Business Women in America,” as quoted by US congressmen and senators while being recognized for establishing an IT practice in the traditionally, white-male, dominated technology world of ERP Systems within the Oil and Gas Industry.
Sonia’s leadership profile includes 22 years of experience in Organizational Change Management and Information Systems management, ERP / SAP Systems Integration, Training and e-Learning platforms. She has visited and conducted business in over 50 countries and speaks 4 different languages. Sonia is the Chairman of 3 non-profit organizations: The VIP Education Foundation, The VIP Cancer Foundation and The Angels for Soldiers Fund.
RECENT AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Mujer del año – By Penta Communication – Revista Mujeres (Hispanic Media) 2015
• Top 30 Influential Women of Houston Award, 2014
• G7 Award for Excellence in International Operations, 2014
• Enterprising Woman USA Award, 2014
• Small Business Today Magazine Cover Honoree Award February, 2014
- Total Number of Awards of Excellence Received: 26
- BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA -SAM HOUSTON AREA COUNCIL BOARD OF DIRECTORS – First Hispanic Female Admitted
• BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY – MARRIOTT SCHOOL OF BUSINESS INFORMATION SYSTEMS – First Female Admitted on the board
• STANFORD UNIVERSITY – Curriculum Board
• HARVARD SCHOOL OF BUSINESS – Strategic Negotiations Board
- U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES COMMENDATION by Congressman Kevin Brady
2. THE SENATE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS – U.S. CONGRESS REMARKS by, State Senator Silvia Garcia
3. U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES – HONORARY by Congressman Ted Poe
4. THE STATE OF TEXAS GOVERNOR – COMMENDATION by Rick Perry
Virtual Intelligence Providers is a Houston-based consulting organization providing a variety of services to include: Staff Augmentation, Organizational Change Management (OCM), Lean and Quality Training, and all lines of Educational Programs to include E-Learning. www.vip-global.com – email@example.com