Having been a litigant, entrepreneur, human resources supervisor, and minor league hockey agent, she wanted a practice that fully addressed the people in the process. To further that mission, she obtained:
- Her J.D. from the SUNY University of Buffalo in 2001
- Her license to practice law in New York State in 2002
- Civil trial experience from 2002 to date
- Workers' Compensation litigation experience from 2002 to date
- A mediation certification from the EEOC in 2005
- Arbitration training from FINRA and panel appointment in 2016
- A mediation certification from ICERM in 2017
- Her admission to practice before the federal courts of the SDNY in 2017
She is currently serving in a consultative status as ICERM's Main Representative at the UN, as well as the Social Media Coordinator for WIDR. She has coached new mediators for VLA and NYU's Mediation Apprenticeship Program. In law school, she and her partner placed second in the regional Mediation Advocacy completion and went on to represent their school at the ABA's state-level competition.
Nance is committed to empowering people to resolve their conflicts privately, regardless of their geographic location or abilities to pay. Thus, she also published a book, DIY Conflict Resolution: Seven Choices and Five Actions of a Master to reach do-it-yourselfers and underserved communities.
Download Nance L. Schick Resume